Emma loves decorating! She loves when I pull out new decorations and gets so excited to see our house changed! I've never seen a child more excited to bring in a holiday. Our last home had a fireplace to hang the stockings over but this one doesn't so I couldn't find a place for them. Emma was worried that if we didn't hang the stockings Santa wouldn't leave any gifts for us, so she hung them on the doors. When she saw all the Chrismas decorations up she jumped up and down and squealed, "This is the most beautiful Christmas stuff in the whole wide world!" (it's really quite plain actually, but in the eyes of a 5-year-old girl...)For family night we set up the Christmas tree and listened to Christmas music. The kids loved helping and every time Weston "poked out" a branch he'd say "I did it! Blow it out mom," as he shoved the branch in my face. I'm not sure why.
Our tree has fabric ornaments (compliments of Mama Steed) and stuffed snowmen and lights of course.
And here's the reason for the stuffed stuff. He can't resist and he loves taking the animals off the couch to snuggle. That white bear on the beanbag is his favorite!
This is the only nativity that the kids can reach. Shayla and Brent gave Emma this plastic nativity years ago and the kids LOVE it! Baby Jesus has been lost and found many times but wasn't found in time for boxing up last year. Hmm, I think there's a good lesson in this missing Jesus. Hopefully we can find Jesus this Christmas!

3 comments:
Maybe I could convince Mom to wait and put up decorations with Emma when she comes to our house! OK, you are right. Mom will just see it as a weak attempt at putting off getting up in the attic to hand down the 127 boxes of Christmas stuff. At least I will know that we will have some grandkids here to enjoy the finished product of our decorations.
I love watching the excitement in the faces of children putting up a Christmas tree. I love the Dr. Emma comments!
On a side note--how's Jamie's German translations/writing these days. I need a little help. Have him email me if he's up for a challenge. Soswift6@aol.com
"Blow it out..." That's too funny! I hope Emma is as excited to see me as she was to see all the Christmas stuff (haha, I'll gear up for disappointment).
Post a Comment