I'm grateful for my brother who values family time and drove the 12 hours to our house from Dallas to be here for Thanksgiving! He's an amazing father and was just as good with my kids. Not hard to warm up to Uncle Jesse. Of course, he's always been that way. I'm grateful for his wife Deborah too for making the trek but she already had her post :o)
I'm grateful for cousins! My cousins are great too but I mean my kids' cousins. We had four last week and had more fun than should be allowed. Oh how we love these guys! At dinner one night David complained that Julie was trying to hog Emma. I joked that Emma should set up a schedule for equal allotments of time. Julie started breaking up the minutes but Emma wisely noted, "We can all just play together." And they did.
Tonight Emma asked me "do you remember Seth and Brighton?" (the Vegas cousins)
"Yes"
"Do you remember that Seth is my favorite baby in the whole world?"
Hopefully Seth will still have enough baby left in him when we see him again.
I'm grateful for friends who love us no matter how strange we might be.
Andrew loves Corey too and even though he calls every man "daddy" he calls Corey, "Crazy." Maybe because he chooses to hang out with us.
I'm grateful for grateful kids. Every night I'd ask the kids what they were grateful for and they always came up with good answers quickly. I was impressed they didn't have to think about it or be given suggestions. Even Andrew had something to say most nights.

3 comments:
Great post. Love the little heads sticking out of the leaves. Corey B? What a surprise seeing him in that picture!! He hasn't changed a bit.
Thanks for reminding me of all our blessings. We still misss you.
Aw, how fun to spend Thanksgiving with Jesse and the family. We miss them!!! Especially after spending the previous 3 Thanksgiving holidays with them in Dallas.
Loved this post. You are an amazing mom.
Post a Comment