I got this packet from Emma's school last week with punch out ornaments and magnets :
Really? Now I think Emma is a beautiful girl and I like her hair in this picture but this right here is not a "smile worth sharing." Well, actually it might be worth sharing for some laughs but not a smile worth buying.
It reminds of Emma's first (and only other) professional photo shoot. Is it just me or is there something awkward about a chubby baby helplessly lying there kicking on a pretty brass bed?

Poor girl got this awkward picture habit from my side. Steeds have perfect teeth and can take a pic. Us Cannons have issues with cameras. Good-looking group but get a camera and strange things start happening.
So anyway, when I saw the order form to get the sheets for $20 I scoffed (especially with the off-centered numbers and pics). But thanks for the samplers which Emma was already popping out and sticking on the fridge. I didn't want to waste them, so I stuck them in some family's cards (people who love her anyway and know that she has better moments). This was Monday. Thursday I get a note from the school asking the parents to either send the money for the pics or return the packet. Uh, shouldn't this have been mentioned when you sent home the packet? Do you know how many people are sending cards this week? After a couple of phone calls I reluctantly ripped open the grandparents envelopes still on my desk to get the magnets back and sent the packet with a letter explaining that this was not cool and that there were pictures that couldn't be retrieved (already sent). No one complained about the missing pics. So for those of you to be "blessed" with this smile on your tree or fridge, enjoy!

4 comments:
If she isn't smiling it will give us something to smile about! I think of it as smirk, a smile with attitude.
Booyeah! We got the ornament one!!
LOL! Really! LOL!
Haha I loved the little pictures! She is so cute, although I must admit that her expression made me giggle! She just looks so serious! Anyway, I'm glad they didn't get upset about it because that is SO not cool!
Post a Comment