Yeah, it makes me nervous seeing the lil guy scaling a mountain with no thought as to where his foot will go next but they just love this stuff and made it to the top of the mountain in no time like champs! Then they held Mom and Dad's hands for a slower more strategic descent. Phew, we made it to the bottom safely in one piece and just have a nice flat trail ahead of us. Well, about a mile into this nice flat trail Weston falls and breaks his arm and we go running out of the canyon and off to the emergency room. How did we know it was broken?...
Well, I'm no doctor but that didn't look right to us. He was amazing though! Look at him, he doesn't care about that second wrist of his, he's just happy to have cartoons in his room. The nurses were impressed with how easy a patient this little man was. He just sat in that bed all chill for four hours not making a peep for x-rays or blinking an eye at the idea of peeing into a bottle, tolerating IVs and ankle bands. Now that's a tough guy! And I was so glad Jamie and Dad were with me. Jamie scooped him up and ran him out of the canyon and steadied him all the way to the hospital and anyone that's driven with my dad knows that a busy day at Red Rock and only being at the beginning of "the Loop" posed little challenge for his speedy getaway van. Emma meanwhile was in the back sulking that we didn't stop to show her his arm. But we took pics at the hospital, they set his arm and sent him staggering out of the Pediatric ER like a drunk with a splint on his arm.
Last week we went in to get him a real cast. They were rough on the arm for the x-ray and had to realign a little so mommy made it all better with ice cream. For Weston, all things can be made right with sugar! By the time he's done with casts it'll be time to celebrate with some Thanksgiving pies.
And while we're on the subject of difficult things to look at...
Yuck huh? Jamie came home from work like this one day. They were doing a Halloween promo at the Ceasar's Palace salon and Jamie was the demo. Even though we knew it was fake none of us would come near him until he showered. Even coming in the bathroom after him was like a crime scene. I think we'll be sticking to the cute, pretty and funny Halloween stuff for the future.
11 comments:
OH MY GOODNESS! Have you ever seen the third Harry Potter? Well there is this part in the movie where one of the Professors removes the bones in Harry's arm, and it looks EXACTLY like that picture. Poor, adorable Weston. That is so sad!!
Ow! Such a nice mom to give him ice cream and make it almost all better. Nice look on Jamie--yuck!
WOW! Poor little guy :( Hope it heals soon.
Ouch! There goes the saying I told my Scouts, "Never climb higher than you wanna fall." Ay Carumba! Cool make up job, Jamie.
oh my! That is the grossest. . . BEST broken arm picture I've seen -
ironic it happened on flat ground. . .especially after scaling a sandstone cliff.
Glad to hear you're all so tough! (including you, Mamma!)
My faint heart just became fainter. I can just feel the pain. We've had our share of broken bones around here so I can imagine what you were feeling. Ugh! I sure hope he heals quickly. :)
Cool cast Weston...
This is such a cool blog! Real life pictures that are grosser and scarier than any horror flick Hollywood can come up with...
Um, I mean- poor Weston. Feel bad for the little guy. Hope the recovery is going well.
~Jesse
Poor Weston! That is the craziest picture I have ever seen. Looks like it has been worked on with photoshop. I am so glad you weren't alone...I would be a wreck.
Wow that is crazy1 Poor little guy, and he is right sugar makes everything better. Jamie's makeup is awesome that is so great he could be there guinea pig.
I seriously cannot believe that broken arm picture! Crazy awesome! Well, sad too because I feel bad for the poor little guy, but that picture will be a keeper to show to friends his whole life. I hope he heals quickly.
Post a Comment