It's November. So if you've been following this blog for more than a year you know that November means it's time for "Days of Gratitude" (or whatever we call it, three years and I still don't have a good name. Suggestions?). So Every day this month each member of our family shares something they are grateful for and even though I've been a once every few month's blogger, I will try my darndest to try to share our daily gratefuls. Please feel free to join in the gratitude by doing posts on your blog, sharing via comments or just expressing thanks around your dinner table. If you have a clever visual display (gratitude chain, cornicopia of blessings, or something along those lines) please share, I need a good one.
"live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which [God] doth bestow upon you." (Book of Mormon)
Today we are grateful for:
Jamie- President Thomas S. Monson We read his conference talk tonight, "The Divine Gift of Gratitude" to inspire an attitude of gratitude. Great way to start off our Thanksgiving month. I recommend it. I love the sincerity and love that emanates from this dear man.
Weston- The Park
This lil guy LOVES going to the park! Every time we drive by any park he begs to stop and play. "I've never been to that park with the blue slides before. Never, never." Today we finally went to the park with the blue slides and there was much rejoicing. Course, there are many color slides that still need visiting. See how careful Westie is after breaking a bone?
Mom- Beautiful Weather (for beautiful children)
Although I miss Fall in Georgia I do appreciate the dry slides and consistent weather the desert yields. It's been perfect these last couple days and it brings joy to my lil heart (and my knees)!
Emma- The Holidays
Emma's always the diplomat and is very careful never to show favortism, lest she offend a holiday. So, like all things she says she loves all the holidays. She will be upset when she discovers there are more holidays left out of her collage and will be sure to use every nook and cranny of her paper to be sure no holiday is left behind. The child is thourough and leaves no leaf left unturned. If you don't tell her, I won't tell her.
Nana- My Family
Because my parent's are part of our family night they were forced to join our silly game and I just realized I didn't get clarification, did she mean her posterity or her siblings and parents. Of course, in my vanity I assumed she meant me (oh, and those other people in the picture). But being as diplomatic as my girl, she will surely say she meant both.
Pop- The end of political ads
I had a lovely Angle/Reid picture for ya but the computer's refusing to cooperate ( I guess it's tired of them too) and it's late. But although I am grateful for freedom of speech so I can publish this ever-so-contraversial blog, and I'm grateful for the right to elect our leaders I think it should be easier to feel grateful and positive without the barage of mudslinging.
I just realized I didn't get Andrew. He crashed just before dinner so he had no comment. But I'll tell you something interesting I discovered- the kid loves cherry/grape tomatoes! He's always trying to sneak them out of Nana's stash. So I suppose he's grateful for those and I'm grateful he's grateful for them.
Have a great month of Thanksgiving and remember a grateful heart is a happy heart!
2 comments:
Yay!! I love it when you do this!
Hooray for your Thanksgiving posts! I love reading them daily and I've been inspired by you so I am going to try to do the same thing this year. Sadly I'm already a day late, but we are going to read the talk you suggested and start tonight!
Post a Comment