When my mom came to visit she brought Emma two CDs called "Grandma Ginger Stories-stories that make you think." A friend of hers made it from stories that she'd tell her grandkids. If you've been in the church awhile you'd probably recognize a lot of them. Emma loves them and listens to them every night. Emma has a remarkable memory and can tell you many of these stories (including the exact phrases Ginger uses). And the CDs are appropriately titled because they definitely make her think. She comes up to me all the time and tells me "you know what Grandma Ginger said..." And she asks me questions about things from the stories and gives insights. Today, when the boys would get mischievious Emma would tell them, "you can't pet a rattlesnake" (watch the video). I love this little girl! When I was reading this scripture the other night I thought of Emma and her retellings of scripture stories: "And now, he imparteth his word by angels unto men, yea, not only men but women also. Now this is not all; little children do have words given unto them many times, which confound the wise and the learned." During family night the other night Emma told us out of the blue, "you've got to go to the temple to find Jesus there." I think she's in charge of the next family night lesson.
Well, here's Emma's telling of "The Snake and the Indian."
Friday, July 18, 2008
Dr. Emma's Story Corner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Excellent! I like the way she builds to the climax. Using the finest psychological and presentational techniques, she tries not to appear too wise or judgmental at first. This, so that her audience won't tune her out too early, as many sitting at the feet of wisdom are inclined to do.
sooo cute!!
Post a Comment