Emma's birthday is September 2, the cut-off for kindergarten in Georgia is September 1. So school started today, but Emma is home with me still. The Georgia lottery funds a Pre-k program that is run by the day-care centers. It would be free for us (except $7 a week for food) but it's every day M-F and runs the same hours as school. It sounded like a bit much for a 4-year-old so I opted to keep her home and pull out some of my teaching stuff. I admit we're not into a real schedule here but she's learning a lot when she's motivated (that's the hard part).
Here's her letters (first one's traced, second one she wrote on her own)
Here's a sentence she read and wrote. Thanks Pop for having a name she can read. It's been a great source for funny sentences!

6 comments:
Wow! She's a great writer! I had kindergarteners at the END of the year who couldn't write that well. She'll be an old pro by the time she actually gets to go!
You're such a good mom Gina! Jeff and I were just talking the other day about you, and how you were born to be a mom! You'll have to teach me someday...FAR in the future!
Can you tell me who that lady was that made the learning song cds? Do you know what I'm talking about? the ones you use to get at the library?
Dr. Jean (I think). Her voice leaves something to be desired but she has some fun songs and several CDs
that's amazing!
She is going to be so far ahead of the game next year that I bet they'll want to move her up a grade. I'm thinking she could probably hang with first graders already! She is one smart cookie! But I'm not sure how fun it would be for her to be the youngest...
I'm going to have to agree with Steph. You are definitely a natural when it comes to motherhood. It doesn't come very easy to me, but I've pretty much committed myself to a life of it. =)
Post a Comment