Jamie and Andrew are out of town this week, so Emma lost her bedroom companion. She hates sleeping alone. She'd rather share a room with a crying baby than be by herself so when I tried to put the kids to bed the other night she begged me to let her sleep in Weston's room with him. I told her it wasn't a good idea because she gets out of bed and plays with him so neither of them sleep. Emma promised she would be good but I was resistant. Finally Emma tells me, "Mom, I know God watches over us, but I can't see Him so I get scared." I was stunned at this comment and how she had brought up the topic entirely on her own. I've pondered this statement and what wise parental thing I should have said at such a great teaching opportunity. Something about how we don't have to see God to know that He's there and how we can feel His love. There would have been some discussion about faith and prayer had I been thinking. I probably should have reminded her about the Holy Ghost lessons I'd been teaching in sharing time.
Then I thought of ways that I "see God" every day. I see Him every time I look at my kids. I see Him when I look at the new baby robins on our porch. I see Him every time I'm doing service or receiving service. I see him every time I see a new flower blooming. I see Him every time I see the fireflies light up the night. I see Him every time I watch my husband playing with my children. In these moments and so many others I "see God" and feel of his love. I hope that I can share that with my children and that all of us will look for Him.

4 comments:
well said gina.
amen!
beautifully said ... thanks for the reminder
I love this. Thanks for sharing.
that is precious!
Post a Comment