Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Baking with Dr. Emma

Emma loves helping me cook, especially baking. We were making some peanut butter cookies and I had to refill my container of flour. I got flour all over my black pants.
Mom- "Oh man, I should have worn an apron too!"
Emma- "Sorry I didn't get another apron, I just thought mom's were careful."
Mom- "Not this mom. This mom's messy."
Emma- "I guess you're not a real mom then."
Darn, I guess I'll have to give up my other blog, entitled "Real Moms."
After the flour had settled we were rolling our dough into balls and rolling the balls in sugar (which reminds me, my neighbor girls, ages 7 & 8 were over today while we were making cookies and asked me how cookie dough tastes because they'd never had cookie dough before. Is that not weird?!). I told Emma I'd roll the balls and she could do the sugar. When we started the second batch she reminded me, "Remember you're going to roll them and I'm going to sparkle-ate them."

1 comments:

M-McClellan said...

Cute! We love dough in our house. The other day my friend was over and Madi brought over the bowel with a spoon and sat next to her. She handed her the spoon and she asked what it was for. Madi looked at her like she was weird and proceeded to tell her it was to eat the cookie dough. She thought it was funny, but we don't make cookies without eating the at least 1/2 the dough.