There's a children's book called, "Flat Stanley" and in it Stanley gets flattened and mailed in an envelope to California. Emma (Dr. Emma or Emmy) wants to visit her family and friends. If you want to help Dr. Emma with her geography and enjoy a fun activity, print out the picture above and cut out Emma then take a picture with her at a place that represents the area you're from (the Strip, the temple, a farm, whatever). Or if you prefer the more traditional Dr Emma picture, print the head below and put it on a stick figure (which would make for a larger, easier to photograph Emma). Send us your pic (mail, e-mail, or post on your blog) and give us your city/town and if you're feeling extra giving include information about your place. Then, we will pin your location on our map and travel the country vicariously through you. It would also be awesome if you could take Flat Emmy on a trip you take so we can have even more pins on our map ("Uncle Nate with the crazy hair", this is for you). Don't forget to include Emma on your packing list for your trips this summer. Alright, let's hit the road and take this cutie with you!
If you have any problem getting these pics, let me know and I'll work on getting you one that works.



6 comments:
What a totally fun idea! We'll have to find something really cool in Kirksville to take Flat Emmy to!
Sound like fun, I would like to take Emma on some trips this year. When I printed her out, the photo, when larger lost a lot of detail, and she is fuzzy. Can you Email the picture so I get a better quality.
What a fun idea!
I wanna go too!! Anyone live on the beach? Cool idea. Happy trails, Emma. One entry per household, Carol is on it. :)
We are going to be moving to New York this month..so if you email me the picture (hyeronlife@gmail.com) I will be able to take pictures in a bunch of different places. The trip will send us through a lot of different states! Plus this sounds like a great idea!
Your Cousin,
Stephanie Hyer (Amberson)
We'll definitely join in the fun. Is there a specific time you're hoping to have pictures by?
Post a Comment