Thursday, July 16, 2009

Here we go again...

Apparently we have house committal issues or something! We are moving again this weekend. Trust me, I don't enjoy moving but somehow it keeps coming up. So here's a rundown of our residence history.
4010 S Pearl St. (Jan '02-Jul '03) If you follow the path to the right of that car you'll find our cute little newlywed studio appartment. The whole apartment could fit in the living room we now have. There was barely enough room to walk between the couch and bed and only one person could occupy the bathroom at a time. We loved it there but there was no way to fit a baby!
448 Spanish View (Jul '03-May '04) - Yeah baby, look at our big house! Uh no actually zoom in on that window at the bottom, that's our basement apartment. But boy that apartment looked huge with two bedrooms and we even had a washer/dryer unit! We brought baby Emma home to this apartment and layed her on the table by that window to try to cure her jaundice.

Mom's House in Summerlin (May '04-Dec '04)- For awhile we lived with my parents while we finished school and taught and tried to save money. Emma and Nana became best friends and they both cried when we moved. Apparently Mom's gated community kept googlemaps out.

Grandmother's House (Dec '04-Aug '05)- Jamie's grandmother needed to move into a nursing home so we moved into her home for a time. It was nice to be in a real house all by ourselves even if the garage and yard we're unusable. We felt useful in the ward's youth programs and peeled off a whole lotta wallpaper in that home.
Terrasanta condo (Sahara & Sloan) (Aug '05-Aug '06)- Jamie had just recently gotten a job teaching English at LVHS and we were thrilled to find this condo for rent just down the street. This is the home we brought Weston home to.
Canyon Willow Condo (Aug '06-Feb '08)- We finally owned our own home and loved this beautiful condo with it's fun paint jobs and large rooms! It's a good thing we love this condo because I think we'll end up having the blasted thing forever! It will be a great place to live when we retire and still haven't sold it. Andrew was born while we were here (just before Jamie moved to Georgia).
4112 Wells, Douglasville, GA (Feb '08-July '09)- We were thrilled to get a huge backyard, basement and carport with this house. It has suited our needs amazingly and we are sad to leave! Love those beautiful fall colors here in Georgia!

New house DV, GA (Jul '09-? Wanna take bets on how long we'll last this time?)- I'll post pics when I can. This house is certainly more space than we need but cheaper than what our current landlords are asking. So we have room for anyone wanting to visit! We're excited for a garage, an outlet in our bathroom, groundfloor laundry (opposed to the basement), treehouse and less grass to mow.

So yeah, we have issues. I think we need to sit down and get psychoanalyzed sometime so we can settle down someplace where we can plant a garden and actually be there long enough to enjoy the ripe vegetables, hold a stable calling, and let our kids stay with their friends (especially now that Em's starting school). Anyone got any theories? But each home has brought new memories and experiences I'm glad I didn't miss. I've made good friends, admired great examples, and served with different people in each ward and grow each time. So, good has been done I suppose, but honestly...I'm getting tired. I think I'm going to shoot for two years this time, a record for us.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have no theories., You guys stay in your places longer then us. We have been married a little over 8 years and have lived so many places I can't count! When you find the cure tell me!

Carol Swift said...

The up side to moving is the stuff you throw out that you're sick of storing in the garage. I need to move just so I can do a little cleaning up.

Annie Gedge said...

Are you gypies? Or do you have wandering feet. Have you lost most of your household items yet?Good grief you've moved a lot!

Shayla said...

Alls I know is the next place you move better be right back here in good ol' LV. The sooner the better.

With that said, good luck with the move. Wish I coulda helped you pack. I look forward to pictures of the new place!

Ron said...

Interesting, Gypsies also came to my mind. But no, the're usually a European criminal clan who wake each day with one goal: get our money.
An outlet in your bathroom? Did you have out-houses before? I know Georgia is a little behind times, but? :) Jamie closer to work now?

Diane said...

I vote for a move soon, closer to the west...

Angie Larkin said...

Phew! I'm tired! I remember your little studio. I pet your sugar glider in there. I remember watching the birth of Emma on video at your basement apartment and thinking you were so cool cuz you had your baby and I was terrified to have mine. Good luck on your next move!