Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dr. Emma on the Boss

Emma was being the little mother hen and bossing Weston around (little girls can't resist) and here's the conversation that followed:
Mom: "Emma, don't tell Weston what to do. You're not the boss."
Emma: " You're not the boss!"
Mom: (trying to sound authoritative) "Yes I am."
Emma: "Oh, you don't look like the boss."

Herein lies my problem. She's on to me. I always knew the day would come when my kids would realize I can't make them do anything, I was just hoping I had at least a few years left.

3 comments:

Jesse said...

I don't think our kids ever fell for that "parents are in charge" thing.

Stephanie said...

They definetly grow out of being told what to do and listening way too early. It is nice to know other kids are the same!

Emily said...

Oh, so true. So true.