Georgia looks different from Las Vegas. There are trees growing wildly everywhere and it is just so GREEN! We're both desert rats so this is so new for us. We were so excited when spring came and the trees got their leaves and blossoms! We've also enjoyed the wildlife, most of which we can view right in our backyard. We've seen blue jays, cardinals, hawks, tons of robins, big bushy squirrels, chipmunks, big furry bumble bees, fuzzy caterpillars, and various other creatures I can't even name. The birds and squirrels graze in our yard and we love watching the squirells hopping across the lawn and leaping from tree to tree. We were thrilled when a mother bird chose our drain pipe for her nest. We eagerly awaited the arrival of her babies and enjoyed showing our kids nature up close and personal. One morning while driving through our friends neighborhood three deer ran in front of our car. They were just hanging out in someone's lawn and we frightened them (unintentionally).
Some of these critters have not been so fun to encounter. I found this big spider in the basement when moving furniture. Jamie caught him in this baby wipes case (to give you an idea of the size here). Another one showed up in the kitchen later that week. We now own an industrial-sized bottle of bug spray. While showing the kids our tomato plants a big blackwidow crawled out of the planter (out came the bug spray again).
One evening last week I went out back to put the kiddy pool in the shed and found Mr. Snake here trying to eat this rat for dinner. He's not poisonous, but I don't like snakes! Emma however went out the next morning searching the yard hoping to find the snake.
We get these reddish-brown wasps that sometimes come in our laundry room to die. Yesterday morning Emma found one that had died in her room so I went in to dispose of it. Turns out he wasn't dead after all and had saved one last sting for my finger. It stung like crazy and my finger swelled right up. I don't like those wasps! He's in my vacuum now. You can also find about 15 bug bites on my legs at any given time and I itch like crazy. Those bugs love my sweet city blood! Jamie's only had a couple. Punk.

7 comments:
Bri and I were sheepishly rolling over laughing at your sitch. Sadly, we have the 'sweet city blood' as well - represent! lol
If you're wanting any of your lovely family to move out to Georgia to join you, this post isn't helping any... =)
Great pictures though!! Sorry about your finger and miscellaneous other bites!
Oh, I mean Georgia is lovely and the birds are so pretty :). I would post more of the cute/beautiful wildlife pics. but those ones never turn out :(.
Ouch!! I can't believe your finger did that from a wasp sting. It looks so painful. What a nut Emma is for wanting to look for the snake. She is definitely a tough one. Today during her nap Maddy let out a scream of terror. I raced in there only to find out that it was a fly and had to kill it before she could rest again. That side of her comes from my side of the family.
ew ew ew ew ew ew.... BUGS!
ugh ... bugs are not fun ... but the birds and things, how fun!!!
What an adventure. I adore all of the greenery and wildlife! The baby birds are my favorite. What a great place full of so much scientific observation!
Post a Comment