Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Princess Em!

Yesterday was Emma's birthday. She is 5 now! She has been very excited for this one. So she asks me yesterday, "Am I going to school tomorrow?" because she's heard that you go to school when you turn five. Well, she's not going to school but she still feels like a big girl. And I am amazed at how grown up she's become. Then there are moments when I remember how small and fragile she still is. Like the other night when she asked me to stay in her bed while she cried in my arms how much she misses having Andrew in her room (he was gone for a week with Daddy). So different from Weston who tells me to get off his bed so he can go to sleep. Girls have so many layers to them and I try to remember to be sensitive and gentle with her (I'm just not very girly like that, so I forget). Emma is so funny and insightful though. I'm just in awe at her memory and the way she thinks! I love just watching and listening to her. She loves Primary, the scriptures, books, and playing make believe. She's a great helper around the house and very firm on enforcing what is right. I adore this little girl! Happy (late) Birthday sweetheart!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Shayla said...

Happy late birthday from all of us as well! We miss you Emma!!!

I too love watching and listening to her. She has such a wonderful imagination and tells the best stories. Please give her a hug for me!

Jodi Jean said...

happy birthday emma! 5 already ... sheesh!!

David and Maggi said...

I love that picture!!!

Jodi Jean said...

you blog stalker ... sorry you didn't get any brownies for emma's party.

isn't whitney's blog amazing? dang she's awesome ... her boys keep me entertained at church ... hehe!

Gina Rochelle said...

yeah, thanks for the connection.