Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Birthdays!

Today is my little sister's birthday! Brooke is 17 today, so Jamie and I called her cell phone to sing her happy birthday (the kids had already gone to bed). It's a family tradition to call and sing over the phone. After the song finished, we heard Weston crying under his door, "Mommy, open the door I want cake!" After a couple minutes of his desperate pleas I heard him sing "Happy Birthday to Mommy" in hopes that his cute flattery would win him a piece of cake. Sorry buddy, the cake's in Vegas. I think my kids are the only ones who are more excited about cake on their birthday than presents. Weston especially loves to scarf down cake in record time so this has been a good month for him.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Shayla said...

Poor little guy. That is such a cute story. "Happy birthday to Mommy"... Haha. I just want to squeeze him!

Angie Larkin said...

Ha! That's the most disappointing thing I've heard all day. It's like playing a recording of Santa Ho-hoing through your house two days before christmas.

Jodi Jean said...

how cute is that?! i would have totally caved and gave him something sweet. but i'm a sucker like that.

Emily said...

hahahaha. . .
It's all about the cake. even if we had cake EVERY DAY! my kids would never get tired of it.
Glad to hear there are other cake-o-maniacs out there!

Carol Swift said...

I would have caved, too. But, I'm a grandma and grandma's almost always cave in for such sweet things grandkids say. I've fed my grandson chocolate cake before dinner because he wanted it. This is where Lindsay would be rolling her eyes that I did that.