Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Princess and the Party

Jamie and Andrew were out of town for his grandma's funeral last week and got back on Emma's birthday. Best present she got, only it was 10pm and she was crashed. So, we celebrated her (family) birthday party Saturday. She requested a pink princess cake and balloons. This is the best I could do on the cake but she recognized what it was and loved it!
I told her to wear one of her princess dresses and she came up wearing Tinkerbell. Whatever, she still got the tiara.
The boys wore Burger King crowns (Emma's birthday lunchstop) and Weston loved the pizza dinner.
One thing I love about my little kids is that the little things are exciting! For Emma's (real) birthday I took Emma and Weston to Burger King. They got happy meals, crowns and played in the playplace. They thought that was just the coolest thing (we don't get out much :) ). That night I pulled out the hide-a-bed (which they never knew we had), threw some pillows and blankets on, popped some popcorn and made smoothies (Emma's favorite) and we watched a movie. She didn't even get presents that day but she felt like a princess and thought it was the best birthday ever! They don't really care about things and money. Oh, can't they just stay young and ignorant forever!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

eBN said...

holy old children! those two kids look all grown up now... yikes!

M-McClellan said...

I love the cake. It is so cute with the little figurines! Happy Birthday Emma.

Carol Swift said...

The cake is really nice and easily identifiable as a castle--great job! What a cute little princess you guys have.

Jodi Jean said...

that cake looks FABULOUS!!! great job.

Shayla said...

Awesome cake! No wonder she loved it! And I don't think I've ever seen a happier Weston. You can't not smile when you look at that picture.

Heidi Maloy said...

I think the cake is fabulous, I'm having a princess party for Claire on Friday, and I just might have to steal, er, borrow, some ideas there... I love how kids find joy in the simple things- my kids favorite splurge is looking for a "treasure" at the dollar store. I could give them all $5 for Christmas, tell them they could choose 5 things- and they would be all set, and probably think it was the best ever. It won't last for long though (Belle already wants a DS) Oh well. Cute family by the way.