Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Sad Day at the Steed House

Yes, I'm feeling very somber today. We've suffered a loss, one that will have a large impact on our family. Our digital camera has died. We're hoping for a miraculous revival, but we're afraid we may have to pull the battery and say our goodbyes. It's not a very old camera, but Jamie reminds me that I've put more "miles" on the poor thing than the average person. My kids are cute, what can I say, there are lots of pics to take and moments to capture. Speaking of which, this untimely death has come at an inopportune time. Andrew's birthday is Friday! His first birthday and I don't even have a camera to capture the day :(. hmm, do you think my baby would like a camera for his birthday? Oh camera, why did you leave me?!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Emily said...

Oh that IS tragic. My camera has become a growth on my wrist. It takes a beating and when it finally bites the dust I'm sure I'll feel like I lost an appendage.

Our first digital camera died of water damage after rescuing a kid in the swimming pool while trying to capture it all all on film.
Sorry about your loss.

Oh and babies DO like cameras. I know because that's how our second digital camera died.

Megan Dougherty said...

I hope that someone that lives by you will read this post, have pity on you and let you borrow their camera for Andrew's birthday. You will never hear the end of it from him when he grows up!

Unknown said...

i completely mourn your loss! after my 1st camera died - i lost like 6 months of my life! no really, dont have any record of what we did before we got the new one. I think andrew would LOVE a new camera lol

Gina Rochelle said...

After writing this post I looked up and sitting on the shelf of our desk was Emma's kiddie digital camera! Not the best resolution, but it looks like we'll have pics after all! :)Thanks go out to Grandma Steed for giving Emma the camera for Christmas! You saved the day!

Jodi Jean said...

oh that is a SAD day!!! i don't use my camera nearly enough ... but i know i would be lost without it.

Carol Swift said...

I'm sorry for this untimely, tragic event. Hopefully, with time, you can move on to a new camera. I couldn't live without my digital camera, so you have my deepest condolences. :o)