Thursday, February 5, 2009

Scripture Power

Even across the country my mom is doing a better job at teaching my children the gospel than I am. She's given my kids the Grandma Ginger Bible stories, Living Scripture videos, and these fabulous story books so my kids not only know their scripture stories but they LOVE them! One of my kids favorite activities is grabbing the Book of Mormon Stories book and sitting by themselves and looking through it. Emma tells all the stories as she goes. Weston is a somber little fellow and just looks so deep in thought while he quietly looks at the pictures. I wish I could read his thoughts to see if they're as deep as his expressions would suggest. Even Andrew likes flipping through and studying the pictures. My kids make sure I never miss a night reading to them and Emma reviews what we read the night before with amazing accuracy. Yesterday Weston climbed up on the couch with his Book of Mormon Stories and shot me a huge smile as he announced, "I'm going to read the gold plates." Thanks Mom!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Angie Larkin said...

Fabulous! That looks like a great book. Did you get them at Deseret Book?

Ron said...

Super cool! That's what grandmas are for.

Shayla said...

That's awesome. Yeah, I would like to know where your mom got those books. Or maybe you could just tell me the title(s) and I could search for them myself. Sounds like a must-have!

Gina Rochelle said...

It's part of a series, "Stories from the Book of Mormon" that my mom read to us when we were kids. They're great books with large illustrations and simplified text put out by Promised Land Publications. My mom also had the Old Testment and New Testament series that she's divided up amongst me and my siblings. I think they're out of print now though. My kids love them though, I wish I had the other sets. I heard something about another company reprinting them years back. They also had cassettes. Try e-bay or something.