I have four brothers and they are all adventurous outdoor type of guys and we grew up hiking and camping and stuff so I have this sense of bad parenting and guilt when I think about how little I get my kids "out." They don't hike, they've never camped, none of them remember ever going to the beach. I'm sorry guys, I've failed you! So when I heard about a butterfly festival yesterday at a nature center, I decided it was a good place to start my repentance process. The kids had a great time at the "butterfly party" where they did a lot of butterfly crafts, listened to live music, and learned about insects.
Oh, and guess what else they had...
They gave the kids paintbrushes soaked in Gatorade to attract the butterflies in the tent.
My tough kids show off their insect tattoos and butterfly wings.
Andrew enjoyed eating dirt and rocks during the "concert." His shirt is perfect, it reads "It seemed like a good idea at the time."
Yeah, my kids experienced some nature! Now am I good to lock us up for the rest of the sweltering summer?

2 comments:
There's still time for hiking, camping and the beach, as in when they're old enough to remember it when they're parents themselves. :)
Looks like so much fun! I can't wait to be a mom and do stuff like this, because I seriously think I will enjoy it more than my kids! Oh, and that last picture of Andrew cracks me up! He is so cute!!
Post a Comment