Without a word weston slipped into his room to gear up and head into the backyard to inspect things. I looked up from breakfast and saw him wondering thoughtfully through the yard. My initial thought when I saw the snow was, "well, I guess we won't be walking to school." But then I thought, "why not? people do it all the time in other states (uphill both ways naked no less)." So we did (uh, with clothes though, lots of them because we're weak desert rats). We bundled up, tossed the boys in the new covered wagon and trudged through the snow to school. And boy, I'm glad we did. It was amazing to see! I stuck my new camera in a ziploc around my neck, because I'm lame and didn't get a case yet but it was still snowing and we were walking under lots of trees that threatened to dump snow on me and my lens at any moment.
Snowman on the kindergarten playground. that's why he's pint sized. Or maybe that is an actual kindergartener.
The park we pass through to get to Em's school. Weston for once agreed that sliding today was out of the question.

3 comments:
What a difference a month makes
Excellent pictures, the one on the bottom could be enlarged and framed!
what??? snow in vegas?
Love the pictures - beautiful snow.
Post a Comment