Friday, January 23, 2009

Emma's Christmas

I promise this is my last Christmas post. But I had told some people about this gift so I wanted to show the pictures:
When I was a little girl my mom and brothers (mostly Jesse) made me a barbie house for Christmas. I had a thing for barbies and this was the most glorious gift and got tons of use! It's my most memorable Christmas gift. Not just because I liked barbies but because it was thoughtful and my family had put time into making it for me. Emma started getting into make-believe and discovered barbies this year. So when I noticed an old changing table in our house was the right heighth for barbies I started getting ideas .

Here's the letter Emma wrote for Santa. For those of you who don't read Emma let me interpret: "Santa, I want a barbie house [heart] Emma" and then she draws a picture. She also wrote and drew one for Weston's blue lightning request.


Christmas morning Santa came to visit us at my mom's house in Vegas and Emma reminded him she wanted a barbie house (probably because she didn't see any house-shaped gifts under the tree).


A week later we arrived home and found Santa had pulled through after all!

I wanted to do more but was getting ready for our trip. Oh well, the details were really for me.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Shayla said...

Wow. That is incredible! The details are amazing (especially that mini pic of the kids)! What a good mom you are. And exceedingly talented.

Now the question is...did she recognize the changing table?

Carol Swift said...

Lucky girl! I loved Barbies when I was young. I still have my first Barbie and an Allen doll (he was Ken's best friend.)

Diane said...

She's a lucky girl. Good job.

Brianna said...

so cute!