Saturday, January 10, 2009

Foolish Traditions for our Father

Jamie has a unique and fun tradition. We do a rotation for sibling Christmas gifts but everyone else gets a cheap gift too. Jamie's sister does socks for everyone which is always a welcome and comfy commodity in our house. Jamie, however, took another route. Each year he finds treasures at the dollar store and writes poems to present for each family member. He has too much fun with it and gets us laughing. If only he could market his skill but I don't know of any career that has use for this interesting little talent of his. Here's the poems and gifts he gave this year:

Dad
A cap of glory and a snack to please,
We salute you – our Admiral and noble Head Cheese!
Cameron
Hide those unsightly discolorations,
then enjoy a namesake snacking sensation!
Shayla
This custom butter cream
will stop the scream
Should the other begin
to crawl on your skin!

Mom
This porcelain primate is unique in the earth
And crap-filled bears have limitless worth!
Jeff
(Note: Jamie and Jeff love watching low budget movies together for laughs)
Does it get any better, or worse than this vid?
Keep it forever – don’t ever be rid!
Stephanie
You’ve been a good girl, and deserve to have a ball
So go wild – consume some coffee and alcohol
Your bishop understands and’s given his consent
On your righteousness these sins will leave nary a dent!
(No photo- it was Coffee flavored Twix and champagne crackers)
Nate
Imagine your future – oiled buffness, oh my gosh!
You’ll forever get the girls who are spicy and posh!
Brent
Never before has orange been so cool
A Howdy Do Do-Rag? I pity da foo’!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Shayla said...

Foolish? Yes. One of the best parts about Christmas? Yes!

Carol Swift said...

I love this silly side of Jamie,
Though strange and odd is he.
I think I'd gladly pay a fee
If he'd write this stuff for me!

Ron said...

The nut doesn't fall far from the tree. We all know Val. . . How can I get on Jamie's list or is something better not to risk?