Emma and Weston went to use the bathroom before bed tonight and were in there quite awhile when Emma came rushing out with her "I'm so priviledged to report my naughty brother's actions" face. "Weston threw his crayons in the potty!" she exclaimed and then rushed back in to watch and reinforce the inevitable punishment. Jamie was kind enough to take this one on and Emma came out to talk. She explains to me that, "Weston did go pee so we have to cheer for him but he threw crayons in it and that's bad so we have to have a mad face when we cheer. We have to be both happy and mad for him. I don't know how to do that, 'cause that's kinda twicky for kids." Then she proceeds to practice the "mad cheer", frowning while yelling "hurray" and pumping her arms.
Friday, April 3, 2009
Dr. Emma on encouraging and punishing simultaneously
Posted by Gina Rochelle at 10:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I know there's a scripture story somewhere that covers this :) (not the potty thing, the good and bad)
Emma is smart beyond her years.
That is a funny story and a funny little Dr. Emma picture to go with it!
Hillarious!!!!
Looking mad and trying not to laugh is hard enough, but to throw in an encouragement face is a toughy. I hope Dr. Emma can master that face an share it with all of us. When she gets her degree in psychology, I'd like to be her first patient.
Just a big THANK YOU for continuing to share these funny moments with us. I laugh every time. This one was especially funny. "...we have to have a mad face when we cheer." heehee
Post a Comment