Another thing that has been eating up my blogging time but bulking up our budget is couponing. Yeah, I've turned into one of those crazy ladies you see at the grocery store with a binder full of coupons. I went to an enrichmentactivity where my friend taught us the ins and outs of the couponing world and I've been getting some super deals. Here's a sampler:
Last week's grocery trip to publix- $24. 16 boxes of Cheerios, all kinds (avg. $.50 each), 28 cups of yogurt (under $.04 each), free dips, and others. Not all were couponing deals, like the chips I needed for my free dip and the basting brushes I needed for my $.40 marinades.
Here's some of the stuff I got for FREE in the last month. There's more that I didn't picture because we already ate it (like the Fiberone yogurt, Wheat Thins, and Ritz Crackerfuls).
Disclaimer: The A-1 sauce was actually $.10 a bottle but it pretty much fits in this category.
I also joined a produce co-op where I pay $15 every two weeks and get all of this. The downside is you get what you get, no picking. But I think it's good to force us to expand our produce selection and try new things (like that purplish thing- rutabega? beets?). Some weeks are better than others but the amount is never disappointing. Anyone got a good cucumber recipe?

8 comments:
So email me your secrets. I am learning a few and am wanting to learn more.
Cucumber sushi man.
you can make cucumber & tomato salads and sandwiches. To make a salad cut & mix with miracle whip/mayonaise and salt & pepper to taste. to make the sandwiches, slice them and spread cream cheese on the bread.They're also good in lunches instead of carrot sticks.
I'm always impressed at how much gets saved by couponing, but I never do it. Maybe someday....
I've missed Dr. Emma and her comments.
I want to learn how to do that couponing stuff! I always hear how much people save, but I have no idea how to do it...
Good deal! Did you know rutabegas can ad great taste to a plain ole beef stew? NO? Well, it's what my mom always said...
I think Publix rocks! With coupons and their BOGO deals, you can save way more than you could at Kroger or Walmart! Cool deals!
Good work! Saving money is fun! (although I don't think I've ever done that well)
@Steph: next time you're down I'll share some secrets with you
Post a Comment