In other Steed news (see the last two posts), Emma started kindergarten. Here in Goergia the cut off for starting is September 1, so Emma missesd the cut-off by one day last year making her the oldest kid in her class this year. Georgia also has a peculiar school schedule so Emma started school Aug 6, so she's an old pro now.
She likes school, has made new friends and enjoys her teacher (and her aid). Her teacher is great and is a good match for Emma. We love Mrs. Lindeman!
Here's Emma her first 5 minutes in the classroom. We were in Texas for her open house (which is why I'm in the classroom, to fill out papers) so this is a little overwhelming for the poor kid.
Emma feels like a big kid riding the bus. The bus comes right up to our house, which is nice. We only live a mile from the school but sidewalks in Georgia are funny. They have them in some places but not most and there are no sidewalks and there's steep hills along the sides of the major street we have to take there. So, unfortunately walking to school is not an option (at least not with a stroller).
After being in school two weeks, Emma came home one day and tells me, "I don't want to go back there tomorrow." I was surprised by this statement because she had been enjoying school and doing well. When we got in the house she handed me her behavior folder and things became clear. After weeks of "exceptional and very good" behavior Emma got a yellow, not happy face for talking. We had a talk and I convinced her that she could go back because "tomorrow will be better." And as you can see, she never went back to that unhappy yellow man again.

5 comments:
Wow Emma is getting so big! I really think she is starting to look a lot like you Gina. She is so beautiful!
Oh, and your house is amazing. I love your front porch and your amazing tree house!
Wow what a big girl!
All of "us" outstanding people were chastised for talking too much then.
I missed your blog so much. I'm glad you're back! Congrats to Emma on a great start to school and I like the new house.
okay, that picture of an overwhelmed emma is hilarious! i zoomed in and got a good laugh. way to catch that on camera.
she is one cute schoolgirl. smartest in her class too probably!
Post a Comment