Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dr. Emma- The Goof is back

Carol chastised me for not doing Dr. Emma in so long and when I couldn't figure out what folder I saved the picture in I knew she was right. But I did remember Angie threatened me if I don't use this picture so I kept searching. So, here she is, sorry for the wait:

When I found her singing some made-up song in the bathroom on Sunday:
"That's a church song from 'The Adventures of Scawy Vacuum."

"I know what heaven looks like, it's like being an astronaut."

After starting to help me bake something she got distracted and went off to play. When she came back she found me putting the finished product in the oven:
(in her motherly, but completely serious voice) "Oh, I'm so glad to see you can do that by yourself. That's a good job Mommy!"

To one of the elders at dinner tonight:
(reading his name tag- Elder McEwan) "Mickey-wan! That's a weird name. Why did your mother name you that? She shoulda thought of something else to name you." (this after she was polite and refused to answer Daddy's question of which elder had the uglier tie)

After something strange she said:
Mom- "Thanks Em."
Emma- "For what?"
Mom- "For your wisdom."
Emma- (defensively) "I don't have any wisdom."

As we were packing up our old house:
"When we leave, we all need to hug the house and say 'goodbye house.'"

6 comments:

Diane said...

I missed Dr. Em too, glad she is back...

debs said...

Hooray for Dr. Emma!!! We enjoyed our daily dose of "goof" this morning.

Carol Swift said...

Ah...I feel so much better now. Thanks, Dr. Emma!

Unknown said...

I had no idea we could chastise you and get more Dr. Emma. I think I am going to have to chastise you everyday now! Love it love it love it!

Unknown said...

bravo BRAVO~! Encore!!

The John Hollingshaus Family said...

I too have missed Dr. emma. She always makes me smile:)