Look what's hanging over the swingset and tall green trees surround the fence. And the weather has been completely gorgeous and hours just pass away as we sit and play outside and I snap away at my camera. I seriously can't get enough of it!
Our front yard last week. And this week it's even better with the new flowers and colors on the bushes! (although I was very careful not to include the neighbor's perfectly green manicured lawn to take away any of the glory and contentment of my home right now). I don't think Jamie's gonna have any luck talking me into moving back to Vegas right now. he'll have to wait til everything's barren again and all that is left is a huge pile of leaves to rake.
This last week we went down to the aquarium during Emma's spring break and walked across the street to Centennial Olympic Park. There's something very peaceful and appealing about a big green park in the middle of a busy city. Especially when the colors are so vibrant after freshly fallen rain and you can hear the trickling of fountains over the city traffic. It was a nice contrast to the crowded aquarium.
This is why I dragged the kids over here. I had a glimpse of these from the road as we passed and I couldn't help but cross the entire park just to get a better look. Flowers, color- I can't bring myself to spend money on them but they seriously bring me joy! They literally lift my spirits just seeing them everywhere right now. Physically I feel better, emotionally/spiritually I'm just happier more balanced and calm. Being around them, taking pictures of them just makes me feel good. So when the world goes cold and dark again I can look back at this post and these pictures and remember the promise of spring!

2 comments:
If you lived in Vegas, I would bring you some flowers....
HA! Ya my husband has all these ideas to beautify the house, but i want to see results!!! Im only letting him plant things that grow fruit, vegetables or are used for decorating the house. I still think he has plenty to work with!
Post a Comment