Thursday, April 29, 2010

She's a Keeper

My little Emma. She knows everything already and has such a hard time explaining herself to her slow-witted mother who just can't understand why she just had to do those things to her brother. We have our days but she really really loves her family and wants so much to be good and to keep everyone happy. Last Sunday we had a special lesson in Relief Society and the men subbed in Primary so I got to go. They gave us roses and Emma thought the flowers were for mothers day and quickly made this card for me when we got home:
"Love is just what you need"- It absolutely is.

I was having one of those "I've failed as a mother" weeks and was completely disappointed in my parenting skills. Then Emma had a homework assignment to draw a picture and write about her family. This is what she did:
Okay, not a complete failure

This one just cracked me up. I guess we've been in the south too long. Emma's class was asked to draw pictures of something real and something imaginary. Here's Emma's illustration:
"This [pointing to the left] is a picture of a man milking a cow. And this [pointing to the right] is a cow eating Chick-Fil-A." (and if you got that one, you've been in the south too long too)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

debs said...

No need to explain - we knew it was the Chick-Fil-A cows!

Thanks, Emma, for brightening our day.

Elder Ernest Elliott said...

Too funny! And quite the artist!

Ron said...

Great insight to the young mind! Love is all you need, Beatles, a good old song.

Sam said...

Can I just say that Emma's little pictures brought a tear to my eye because she obviously loves her family and Mom sooo much. Good job Gina! It's part you and part Emma, but you do have one terrific kid. I have those "I've failed as a parent" weeks too. I think when you're a really good parent it's easy to see all your flaws. At least that's what I tell myself.