Sunday, April 4, 2010

Prophets, Prehistory, and Parties

Thought this weekend was just going to be sitting at home enjoying conference but we still packed in a lot of outings somehow.

Friday a friend invited us to go with them to the zoo on her family pass. Beautiful day out and I enjoyed gabbing with my friend while the kids had a blast.
Weston's so cute, he would go up to each animal in the petting zoo, get eye-to-eye (or try at least), and smile at them. I guess he was waiting for one to break down and smile back, because who can resist a gesture of love from Westie?
Andrew was loving on the animals too and kept trying to tell me the goats were little horses.
Friday evening Emma had a birthday party for a friend from school at Chuck E. Cheese.

Saturday The kids had plenty of egg hunts and treats this week so I didn't feel the need for more eggs and sugar. The baskets were given Saturday morning so the kids could get their conference supplies. The primary gave all the kids paperback Book of Mormons so I made a case for Weston and he got a CTR ring so he can be like Emma.
Then we emptied our baskets and headed down to the Ferbank Natural History Museum for their Dino Egg Hunt. I won free family tickets and we were excited to go check out the museum. The traffic in the neighborhood was AWFUL getting there and we missed the younger-aged hunts and Emma managed to seize three eggs in the last one which she shared with her brothers. But I really had just come for the free museum tickets anyway. Weston kept asking me if the animals were real and would smile and wave at them because he's just friendly and sweet that way. Andrew fell in love with the dino rub table because he has a thing for coloring and wasn't so happy when mom tore him away but did enjoy the optical illusion spinning disc and sat mesmerized while we explored the other exhibits in the room. Weston kept wandering back to the bubble-maker and was happy just to watch in awe as the other kids blew big bubbles. Emma was excited to see and learn everything but likes to tell me "I already knew that."
We rushed home, set out the conference buffet, and enjoyed conference together. It's kinda nice having the later conference here because you still have your Saturday morning and with food out the kids love joining us for conference. Andrew loved the buffet because he could reach all the foods he wanted and felt so grown-up and in control. Just as Jamie was about to put on his tie and head out for Priesthood session we heard Andrew screaming down the hall. I found him with blood all over his face and hand. He had cut his head open above his eyebrow and the cut was pretty deep but after cleaning him up the bleeding went down and we decided a little super glue should suffice.
Sunday We were more than happy to stay home and enjoy conference carefully in our own home. It was great and even the kids appreciated it. After the last session I put on some church music and Weston whined, "no mom, put conference on." I don't know if he was expecting a new conference buffet spread with extra Easter candy but I'd like to think my children enjoy conference and the spirit it brought into our home.

Now Emma has Spring Break this week and we've exhausted my outing stamina and the kids will expect great things after this Easter kick-off.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Ron said...

I hate how much head wounds bleed, good thing for super-glue. Neat weekend you had.