Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our Third Child

A long time ago my sister-in-law tagged me to do a post on Andrew. Like I don't put up enough pics and gush enough over this baby, but I guess he's the baby that hasn't grown up around the family. I decided since Shayla delivered a new cousin for Andrew, lil' Seth ought to get to know his soon to be best friend. So, here's getting to know that Georgia baby!

Name and meaning: Andrew Knight Steed- I had a boy in my first grade class (as the teacher) named Andrew. He was a cute kid and I guess it stuck with me. It was on my list with Weston but Jamie just never gave in, then he reread "Ender's Game" (Orson Scott Card) and suddenly it was in our top three for boy #2. Knight is a family name (through my mom's line) and church history name and we thought it would be cool with Steed. Weston was originally going to be Weston Knight Steed but at the hospital we changed our minds so it was fun to have another boy to use the name.
Age: Andrew is 13 months and nine days old. I'm still getting used to the idea that he's one now.
Nicknames: When I was pregnant I did not want him to be called Andy and thought I would just call him Drew but that really hasn't happened, maybe when he gets older. Emma sometimes thinks it's cool to call him Drew. I often call him "Baby." Jamie and the grandpas call him "Ender" because that's cool and manly-like. Others that come up are: "baby love," "sweet pea," "lil guy," "sweetie pie," "lambkins," "stinky pants," "monkeyboy," "wigglypants," and so on. We like to mix it up. We're like Raymond that way.
Favorite Activity: Playing silly games. He loves peek-a-boo type games. If I'm holding him but busy doing something else he leans in front of my face with a big grin to get a reaction or will turn my face towards him and back again to initiate a game. He loves running around with the kids giggling and squealing. He's a people person and loves to feel involved!
Favorite Food: This is a sensitive subject right now. He's too big to accept me spoon feeding him but too little and too picky to handle many finger foods. He does love oatmeal, cheese, and any handheld wheat product (crackers, waffle, toast)
Least Favorite Food: meat (texture issues)

Favorite Music: Anything with a beat he can bounce to. He loves dancing and shakes and bounces around, sometimes he uses this motion to ask for music.
Favorite Toys: Cars! He's been really into cars and will focus intensely as he drives a car around making the sound effects. He also has a thing for stuffed animals and will snuggle right into a bear or Emma's big Elmo, which is so cute!
Favorite Book: He likes to look at and turn pages on books (and rip) but he doesn't seem to have a preference yet in titles or types even.
Favorite Item of Clothing: Andrew hates getting dressed so maybe pajamas with zippers because it speeds up the process (I know mom loves them). Although, today he tried on Weston's reindeer slippers that we pulled out and was amused by the fluffy reindeer.
What Makes Him Happy: People! He loves people smiling at him and playing with him. He likes playing with the kids. He likes going to story time when even the adults sit on the floor and he can go around and meet people. He'll just go up and chat with some dad or lean on some lady sitting on the floor.
What Makes Him Sad: The kids picking on him or closing the door so he can't play with them (he hates being left out of potty time), Mommy cooking dinner instead of holding and playing with him, and ouchy bottoms.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

He has the cutest facial expressions in the world! I loved getting to know him because I've never actually met him. Fun post to read.

Jameson said...

If you want to write about your cutie Jenny, consider yourself tagged.

Carol Swift said...

This is such a sweet post! Thanks for sharing info on your cute little Steed.

Anonymous said...

Mike wanted to name Preston 'Ender'. (Especially since we knew he would be our last). I couldn't go for it...besides, E's are hard to write in cursive.

Gina Rochelle said...

Ender, because he's the end HA! I never thought of that. Well Stephanie, I've been given a new reason to stop having kids :)