
Okay, I try not to use my blog as a place to rant but I just need to get this one off my chest. I'm working on my kids Halloween costumes so I've been looking at different ads and such to get ideas. Its been bad enough looking at all the little flouncy women's costumes but I've been seeing way too many skimpy teenager costumes!!! All these low cut, short skirting, completely inappropriately dressed girls hanging out all over the place. Like this one I've posted, it's supposed to be Wendy from Peter Pan. Yeah, you know, the cartoon character with the long blue nightgown in the Disney movie. What kind of parent would allow their daughter to go out like this?! Apparently a lot, because most the girl costumes have adopted the "sexy look." What is wrong with people!? I would just like to apologize to all the nice young men out their who have to hum hymns as they walk down the halls at school to keep their thoughts in the right place. I think after Halloween I need people to send me pics. of girls in modest costumes I can post with a copy of the For the Strength of the Youth. Good heavens! Alright, I feel better, thanks!
Friday, October 17, 2008
What is Wrong with People?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I completely agree! You are not alone! Thinking back to when I was in high school in the early mid-90's I can think of maybe one or two girls that dressed that way for halloween (and they dressed that way on a daily basis). I feel like an old grandma saying that "back in my days...", but times have REALLY changed!
It's good to rant once in awhile, especially on a legitimate subject. After walking through a costume/Halloween store, I totally agree with what you are saying.
i second that! it seems to most girls halloween is just a chance to show how slutty they can look! UGH! it makes me sick!
I agree. Madi wants me to dress up this year. I have been looking around and decided that there was only two or three modest costumes I could wear. I don't think I will be dressing up.
Greg and I have been talking about this. We decided that Halloween was an excuse for women to dress slutty. (Like women in Vegas need another excuse.)
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had thoughts about this. When I was teaching 9th grade my Halloween at school was always ruined because it just seemed to be an excuse for soooo many girls to dress in way to short and way too skimpy outfits. It is sad that it has come to this.
Post a Comment