Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dr. Emma on friends, mommies and wild trees

Sorry I haven't done Dr. Emma in awhile. Time for some catch-up.
Emma was pretending to talk on the phone: "I heard some tweeting on the phone... The birds are my friends. They don't know how to talk, they just tweet."


For some reason the word "dirth" came up at our house and Jamie insisted it was a real word. I asked if he was confused with the word "durst" from the scriptures and gave an example. Emma tried her hand at it too, "I dirth not poop into your chair."


Emma was serving breakfast to Jamie and the kids in her play kitchen and had everyone sitting down at her table. Jamie told her she should sit down to eat with them. But Emma tells him, "I'm the mom and moms don't get to sit down to eat."


In her family prayer,
"We're grateful for Andrew that he's being so cute today. We're grateful for Mommy that she makes lovely food for us everyday."


I read the olive tree allegory from the kids Book of Mormon and tried to explain it as best I could. Then we moved on to the story of Sherim and how he was trying to lead the people astray. Emma pipes in, "He's like, 'hey guys, let's be wild trees!'."


"When you give people a cute smile, you get stuff."

9 comments:

Carol Swift said...

Wow! She is one smart kid to know that mom's don't sit down to eat, you shouldn't poop in your chair, and when your smile is cute you get stuff. -LOL- I love Dr. Emma!

Russ Cannon said...

I think Jamie was referring to the rather archaic term "derth" or "dearth" which means scarcity - as in "There has been a dearth of Dr. Emma quotes recently. I am teaching the Aaronic Priesthood youth during ward conferences this month. I plan to use Dr. Emma's quote about wild trees in my lesson. I durst not ask where Dr. Emma got the idea that mommies don't get to sit down to eat.

Unknown said...

Haha that last one is so true!

Megan Dougherty said...

What a cutie!

Unknown said...

Emma cracks me up...what a clever little girl!

Ron said...

Great stuff! And she already knows the value of a big smile... :)

The John Hollingshaus Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The John Hollingshaus Family said...

I am laughing right now. I would love to meet your Emma!

Jenny said...

Those were some of the best Dr. Emma quotes. I love how observant she is.