20-something years ago today (yes, I do know how old she is, just thought she might not want her age plastered across the internet), Gina Rochelle Cannon entered the cruel world and instantly changed it into a magical happy fairyland where dreams come true. Cyberspace (don't laugh Brent, the term is making a comeback) isn't nearly large enough to contain the list of reasons we love Gina and are happy she is among us. But that won't stop us from listing a few, will it? Some of the reasons I love and adore her:
*Big brown eyes
*She takes teasings, and dishes them out too
*"The other day ago"
*Puts up with kid craziness all day
*Once she has the kids down, she puts up with Jamie all evening
*When she's laughing really hard, you can't hear a sound
*She inspires me to be a better person
*She has solid faith
*Her faith is not dead. It is accompanied by innumerable good works
*She inspired Jennifer Garner's looks
*She makes me laugh
*She laughs with me
*She laughs at me
*She let's me look at her teeth
*She's smokin' hot
*She falls asleep in two seconds
*She makes snoring sexy
How about you? Why do you love Gina? I know, I know - where to begin? Just list a couple of reasons. Thanks!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Why We Love Gina
Posted by Jameson at 8:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
32 comments:
1. She's a great blogger
2. She's a great mom to those cute kids
3. She puts up with one of my favorite Steed's
*She is very witty
*She writes awesome posts that brighten my day
*She has mad mothering skills
*She is the epitome of patience
*She more than tolerates her in-laws. I'm pretty sure she likes us.
*She doesn't get mad at me when I steal her johnny-jump-up
*She makes excellent mustard chicken
*She produces amazingly cute children
I could list many more, but I suppose I should give others the opportunity.
Oops. Forgot to say...
Happy Birthday Gina! I love you!
-She is very easy going and easy to talk to.
-She is sweet and so willing to help.
-She is very thin & fit & doesn't brag about how she does it. this also goes under "why we hate Gina."
-She laughs when Jaimee's obnoxious.
-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Because she is humble and a good example for me! She is beautiful and always makes me feel welcome!
Happy Birthday Gina!
I don't know you too well, but enough to know you are dedicated - to your children, your husband, and blogging!
Have an awesome day!!
-beautiful Spirit
-wonderful mother
-ability to make others laugh
-great blogger
-sweet and kind
Have a Happy "Gina" Day!
With Love,
Brianna
She was a friend to me when I didn't really know anyone in the ward-she was a great example of leadership in the young women's program, she's fun and very, very kind. Happy Birthday!
Some of these might be repeats, but they are reasons why you are so great!
1. So organized (I love all of your tips on the mom blog)
2. She makes frugal living cool.
3. Whenever I think about loosing weight you come to mind and how great you look!
4. Always positive and happy!
5. Makes motherhood look easy!
6. Woman of endurance (6 mo. pregnant at YW Camp and not a peep of complaint)
7. Great testimony
8. A great friend! Even though we are now thousands of miles away I still consider you a great friend!
Happy Birthday!!
She's always smiling, easy to talk to, and a great example of motherhood! Oh, not to mention has a beautiful name;)
Where to begin. I can barely say "HI" and I already feel like I've been a best friend for ages. I love that she has no problem admitting that she is human which means a lot of laughs.
What a cool post! I love Gina because she is so incredibly nice and always made me feel like a part of the family! And she is a perfect example of what a good mother is and is so patient! I hope that someday I can be half the wonderful mother she is!
she inspires me to live more simply and fully. happy birthday Gina!
You guys are too sweet! One thing I like about Gina is that she is an excellent friend and spouse selector (this includes family, because she chooses to be your friend)!
I love Gina because she's the only person I know that goes by two names consistently.
And because you are an undeniably awesome person and an amazing mother. Can I just be you??
Happy Birthday Rochelle!
- She jumps in and does whatever is neeeded
- She doesn't get mad at you if you volunteer her for something
- She can just laugh when she sees Emma & Weston covered head to toe in shampoo
- Great visiting teacher
- Fun to be around
- Always happy
- She lets Maysen call Andrew 'Jackson'
***HAPPY BIRTHDAY!***
She is so even tempered and she put up with me in a car everyday for a year!
She still tries to keep in touch with me even though we aren't very good at it.
Her testimony helped me so much, and she is such a smart girl!
She taught me how to be an example to others and to let my light shine.
She was literally my rock during the short few years we had together growing up.
She is super kind and so willing to help everone around her.
She is so witty and funny.
She know how to have good clean fun.
She never gains ANY wieght! And she makes the cutest babies!!! ;)
Love you GINA!!!
Gina has such a subtle, but hilarious wit which makes her writing (especially in blog form) a delight to read. She is an inspiration as a mom and a wonderful friend. I'm so glad I know you, Gina!
Oh, and you're cool because you share a b-day with my Jensen!
Happy Birthday!
Gina was my patient dependable comrade during all our years as young women leaders. I'll never forget when we wrangled girls camp all by ourselves and I had morning sickness one night and she put me to bed in my cot and gave me my anti-nausea meds and took over the girls. Terms like "salt of the earth" come to mind. Plus she has two names that she usues equally which is pretty darn cool too.
She gots it whe' it count, don't gots it whe' it don't, make a saint look lahk a sinnuh, make us all what know her winnuhs! Plus, she exactly wut a man wan' for his first son to marry. An she hide any falts she got so deep it take a oil-borin' rig ter find em. Yeah, dats wut I think!
I love Gina because she puts up with Jamie and because she let him come over to our house to play...
No really, I love Gina because she's kind hearted, funny and because she's raising three amazing little children who will someday (in spite of their father) be amazingly good people because she's taught them how to be amazingly good people.
Happy Birthday!
Some people you know you like them the minute you meet them and that is how I felt about you Gina.
You are a wonderful talented sweet young lady.
with love,
Pam Breiding
Cole loves Gina because she is his aunt.
Kobie loves Gina because she lets him play Jamie's video games and surf down the slide into the pool. :)
I love Gina because she is a great friend and came to live in Georgia with us. She is great to hang out with. She is patient with my little monkeys. She inspires me to be a better more patient mommy. We love you Gina and you will always be a part of our family, I guess Jaime can come too.
Happy Birthday and have a great one.
Love, Diana
She's a great mom & wife. I happen to know her age, between 26 & 28.
Some people you just feel at ease being around. There's no mess and no drama. Gina is one of those special people. Oh, and can anyone say 'Energy'? The first time I met her I was taken aback by her presence. Thanks for brilliance Gina! Both of smarts and light.
Thanks for letting your light so shine.
Much love,
Noble Steed
First of all, I wouldn't say I love Gina- but I do love Rochelle (see Emily's 'two names' comment below). She's set an example for me ever since she was little, and still does. I've always been impressed by the way she can be down-to-earth-get-it-done practical and yet idealistic at the same time. She works hard, but for the best reasons. I think that's why she can stay optimistic in the face of potty training, and why she can honestly talk about the joys of family life, even at the end of a long day of the demands, disasters, and diapers that go along with it. When I grow up, I want to be just like Rochelle (aka 'Gina'). Happy Birthday!
1. She has an amazing work ethic. When we visited Georgia last spring, I was impressed to watch her get up early, take care of her family and mine, and be the last one to go to bed. I know she usually provides day care for other children, making her more busy than most.
2. Her home is filled with the Spirit, and I can testify she works hard to make it so.
3. She inspires me. She is a mega-patient mom, a virtue I need to develop.
Happy Birthday, Rochelle!!!
Gina is nice because she didn't get mad when I taught Emma the "Hallelujah I'm a Bum" song.
Hallelujah! I'm a bum!
Hallelujah, bum again!
Hallelujah! Give me a handout!
To provide me again!
Poodoo Dobbie!
(That means happy birthday man!)
I'm with Jesse; I'm not sure who this Gina character is, but based on the comments above she sure does sound pretty amazing. Sounds a lot like my sister Rochelle, in fact.
Some of favorite Rochelle traits:
-She grew up with me, and yet she still appears to love me. That's impressive.
-She plays along with my "I'm the favorite Uncle!" fantasies.
-She has earned my coveted "favorite blog" award. I've made a rule to not read her blog while at work anymore, because I frequently can't stop myself from laughing out loud. When an accountant laughs at work, everyone KNOWS that he is not actually working.
-I have always been impressed by her genuine love for being a mother and a wife. She makes what must be an incredibly difficult task look easy and even desirable. Visiting their home is therapeutic for an aging bachelor like myself.
-She has good taste in husbands. (hey, it may be this Gina girl's birthday, but Jamie is pretty cool too...)
-In spite of the cornucopia of impressive attributes she has acquired over the years, as evidenced by the long list of posts on this here blog, she remains a humble, down to earth person who everyone loves being around.
Since I just got home late from a long night at church, I can bring up the rear and close out Rochelle's birthday comments here on the west coast.
- I loved Rochelle longer than the rest of you (before she was even born).
- She never complained about the confusion from the two pretty names we gave her.
- She has been the type of daughter that every father dreams about.
- She take time to write and post pictures so her parents can stay in touch with her beautiful family.
- She knew how to pick a good husband.
- She teaches my grandchildren to love the Lord.
- I trust her to take care of me when I get too old to care for myself.
Happy Birthday Gina Rochelle! We all love you.
Dad
She is the most faithful friend!
*She's the best niece!!!
Post a Comment