I grew up in Las Vegas. It's my city and until two years ago it was pretty much all I knew. As an adult in Vegas I had friends who hated Vegas and would express these opinions often and I felt very defensive about my town. Not so much because I believed it to be the greatest place but more like a sister defends a bratty little brother. I knew the town had it's faults to be sure but I also had spent enough time in Vegas to gain a greater appreciation for the city that these people may never understand. I guess it bothered me that they were comparing my town to the "great, beautiful areas" they left behind that were so vastly superior in every way. Back off! So, how do I feel after leaving "my town" for a very different place on the other side of the country? And how do I feel about leaving this place to go back to Vegas. Well, here's some pics and thoughts on the Vegas vs. Georgia battle and what I've learned about this strange new land.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Georgia vs. Vegas
What I've loved and will miss in Georgia:
Atlanta's a big city with lots of cool things to see and do. The GA Aquarium is one of those really cool things to see and do! Seriously awesome stuff!
Zoo Atlanta
Centennial Olympic Park. Fun way to cool off on a summer afternoon while checking out the big city.
Posted by Gina Rochelle at 9:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I love you, Rochelle. I just read the whole thing - everything. You made ME miss Georgia and Vegas and I've never lived in either place! The photography is beautiful and you appreciate all the right things.
It's a cool thing to feel like you "own" a place - you'll always feel that way about Georgia. I feel that way about all the places we've lived. They become landmarks for all my memories.
Good luck with your move. I'm glad you'll be closer to family. I'm also jealous.
i love the aquarium pic - so cute! Will keep you in our prayers for the new chapter in your life. :D
Good that you see both places.
So, ya'll are moving to Vegas? I must admit that I was one of those nay-sayers of Vegas. Sorry. But now that I've moved away, I actually miss it. I hope all goes well for you.
Post a Comment