Love these long- southern porches and historical architecture
I actually haven't been to any sites(my dad will take care of that next week when he comes) but it's neat to live in a place that dates back to the beginning of US history and has stories to tell.
Anyone that's been to the south knows the magical powers of Blue Bell. Seeing this picture makes me want to stop trying to empty our fridge and freezer and stock up on our last taste of southern heaven. But I picked this particular flavor because of the name. I had always heard about "southern hospitality," so when we moved here I was waiting for a pack of friendly neighbors to invite us for a cook-out where they would serve me fried chicken, collard greens, and peach cobbler. I'm still waiting for my cook-out. But I soon learned that people are quite pleasant around these here parts. They're good, friendly Christian people that won't scorn you for your crazy boys at the grocery store. In fact, they're more likely to crack a friendly joke and tell your boys to be good for their mama.
There's a reason this is the peach state. I love going down to Kroger during peach season to pick up a brown bag of fresh local peaches. Juicy and delicious, I'll pick it over ice cream. Of course it's amazing in a crumble with vanilla ice cream on top....mmmm I'll be smiling like a mule eating briars (like my southern phrases I'm picking up?)





0 comments:
Post a Comment