Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weston's Haircut

One thing that people tend to notice about Weston is his hair. His tall, spikey hair was just so cute with his big eyes and chubby cheeks! That's part of the reason I'm so slow to cut it. But I decided with two boys it would be good to invest in a good trimming kit. I hated to cut it but I told myself that it grows super fast and that it would be better to practice and learn now while he's too young to care how he looks.

Here's "Wolverine" before his last haircut. This is how I prepared his hair when I use to cut it with scissors.
Getting ready for his real haircut. It was so cute how the cape covered his whole body and the seat! I put on a movie and gave him a cracker so he held so still and did awesome!
Ah, what have I done!? Look at all that hair!
This picture actually looks a little longer than the real thing. I think it turned out okay, it looked even throughout, but I do like it longer for Weston. At least I won't have to cut it for awhile and it was good practice.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Jodi Jean said...

GOOD JOB!!! holy moley i guess i might have to learn how to do it too, instead of making my mom!! it looks great!!

Gina Rochelle said...

Thanks. It's amazing what a little mousse will do :) It actually looks kinda goofy when I don't do anything with it (but I didn't post a pic of that :) ). And yes, I had my mom cut his hair when we were in Vegas.

Carol Swift said...

I was out blog stalking and just had to comment how cute your kids are. Just so it doesn't scare you about me being a blog stalker--I'm an old neighbor of his and we've spent many Christmas Eve's with Jamie's family. Your kids remind me of Jamie when he was little. Tell him hello for me. Carol

David and Maggi said...

Looks just like his daddy :)

Unknown said...

He looks adorable...cutting little boys hair is way harder than it seems.

Shayla said...

Weston is lookin' mighty fine!! I have to cut Brighton's hair in shifts. On Sunday he went to church with all but the right side of his head trimmed. Nobody said anything about the unfinished job, but I'm sure they thought it.

Angie Larkin said...

Holy Jamie Clone! That boy looks exactly like his daddy.

Shayla said...

Do you use some sort of electronic hair clippers or do you just use scissors?