My mom made Weston this Blankey when he was a baby and it became his dear companion. Anyone who saw Weston in his first year of life probably recognizes it. As you can see, it has been through a lot. He slept with it, he dragged it to church and Nana's, and Grandma's or anywhere a nap might occur. The kids in our old primary called him Linus (like on Charlie Brown). It used to be a tight-knit little square, but has been stretched out to a long, holy rectangle that Weston loved sticking his fingers through. My mom, seeing it's ratty state (and probably worried we'd tell people she was responsible for creating the sad piece of yarn) knit him a new one which he now sleeps with. I decided we were already dragging too much junk and nostalgia to Georgia so decided a picture of the beloved woobie would have to be enough (and of course, a post saluting it's months of service). I wish I had pics. of Weston carrying it around, but for what it's worth, thanks woobie, you got us through some rough patches and will always hold a place in our hearts.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Ode to Woobie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yes. Long live Woobie. In our hearts anyway (and in the Las Vegas landfill too, I guess). You served our Weston well.
*sobs* we... We... We... Will foreva miss your woobieness!! *bawls*
Post a Comment