Sunday, March 16, 2008

Basement Birthday

Weston had his birthday party yesterday. We had our friends the Barkers and the neighbor girls over for a very informal party -not like the big family extravaganzas we used to throw :( . Thirty minutes into the party the neighbor came to pick up her daughter because a storm was coming, then the sirens went off. So we locked our guests in the basement with us for an hour while we listened to the news on the Storm Tracker (thanks mom, good idea). We set up our inflatable couch and portable tv to entertain the kids and had cupcakes and opened presents. Nothing happened outside our house (although Atlanta got damaged) but it was a good reminder to get better prepared for next time.
Weston coulda cared less, he had chocolate and tv (and presents are a great bonus)!
Weston is a big Kobie fan and Kobie is very patient with him.
We did have enough time after to make the kids cars (no games though). By the way, Emma is not short, Kobie's just a tall kid.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

eBN said...

nice pictures! I must say though, something in that last picture made me immediately wish that I would throw up! I couldn't figure it out because Emma and Kobie are stylin' and profilin' and then I realized that someone was wearing a wunnin' webuls shirt...don't worry though I immediately emailed Google to inform them that you had a virus on your blog...no need to thank me!

Anamarie said...

Funny! I was going to leave a very whitty comment about the Rebels beating the Cougars a little bit ago but I think that I will just leave it at this:-)

Georgia, looks like a beautiful place to live!

Emily said...

Yeah, we were wondering about you guys when we heard about the tornado. Glad you were all safe in the basement. Great pictures!
Happy Birthday Kiddo!

Shayla said...

So are tornadoes common things around there? That's pretty scary!

Looks like the birthday party was a hit nonetheless. I love the box-cars. And I love the chocolate faces.

Jodi Jean said...

oh how scary! i was thinking about your family when i saw the pictures of atlanta on the news! i'm glad everyone is okay!

happy birthday westone!!

Gina Rochelle said...

Brent,
That virus name is Jamie and please don't have it taken away, it almost crashed the whole system last time that happened. By the way, he happens to looks really good in red and grey.

Anonymous said...

Good JoB! :)