Emma, at four-years-old, has a real opinion about how I wear my hair. She is most insistent that it only looks good "down and curly." If I come out with a ponytail she tells me point blank, "Mom, I don't like your hair like that." This coming from the girl who doesn't even comb her hair every day (okay, that's my fault). When I ask her if she loves me, she checks out my hair before she answers and if it's up she'll say, "I just like you with your hair down." Even if I just got out of bed with frizzy hair sticking up all over the place but it's down she'll say, "Mom, I like your hair like that." Sundays I always wear my hair down and Emma often tells me, "Mom you look pretty with your hair down like that." It's getting harder to keep her happy now that Andrew is so interested in my hair too. Maybe Emma will be a hairdresser one day if she doesn't become a princess, an actor, a singer, or an author.
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Dr. Emma on Mom's Hair
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
isn't it amazing that kids form opinions on silly things. gosh i guess you better leave your hair down! sheesh!
Post a Comment