Sunday, November 8, 2009

Days of Thanksgiving #8

I am grateful that my kids get to have these people as their grandparents!

I am blessed to have wonderful parents who I attribute for any and all good in me and I am forever grateful to my equally stellar in-laws who made my husband the great man that he is. But the best part is that my children have four awesome grandparents to look up to, love, play with, admire, get spoiled by, talk to, learn from, laugh with, idolize, and otherwise enjoy! Can there be a more cherished relationship?
This was the hardest part about moving to Georgia- placing so many miles between my kids and their grandparents- and it breaks my heart every time I think about it. But Emma as of late has become quite the conversationalist on the phone. She calls her grandparents often and chats about anything and everything and they listen as she gives her young and very interesting perspective on life. They are her most captive audience and she relishes every minute. Emma has been planning some big party at Grandma's (Jamie's mom) next time we go there with cinnamon chips and has invited all of my family as well. The other day when I was scolding Emma, she wanted to call my mom (Nana) to tell her how mean I was to her. I wasn't sure if as a mother my mom would take my side or as a grandmother would take Emma's :o). Weston is not much of a talker but no matter how long it's been he's always excited to see his grandparents and smiles and gives them huge bear hugs! Visits are one big snugglefest for Weston. Andrew is still too little to get it but hopefully we can get him closer with some time and cutting back some of those miles. I want to make sure my children reap the blessings of association with the greatest people I know!
Jamie is grateful for baptism (he's Ward Mission Leader)
Emma is grateful that Tori's safe (the dog we got rid of)
Weston is grateful for .....uh-oh I forgot. I'll ask Emma in the morning
Andrew is grateful for eyes
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Ron said...

As a grandpa, I can attest to a "differnt kind of love" that exists having this great calling in life. It is sort of like being able re-enact those years I was too busy to take the time and enjoy my own kids, and now feel the committment to cheerish and enjoy these years.