Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Days of Thanksgiving Day #16

You may have noticed that the day # in my titles have not matched the date, meaning I am behind. Sorry. I've been a day behind for awhile. Then yesterday our computer was doing this funny thing where it types all the words backwards (does this occasionally) and I'm just not talented enough to type an entire post backwards (maybe I should have enlisted my BIL's spelling talents). Anyway, I'll try to catch up.

Today I am grateful for great deals!
I've posted before about my new couponing hobby. I love it! My pantry, fridge, freezer and basement are full of food and I've spent a lot less money bulking up than I did on a weekly list. I use to buy generic items for what I thought was cheap but now I get the name brands for much less and even free. So here's the "little people" I have to thank:
(Originally:$186.88 including 16 boxes of cereal and 11-4 packs of yogurt, my total: $25.62)
Thank you Publix (the southern Albertsons) for taking all my coupons and letting me combine them and for having great BOGO sales.

Thank you southernsavers.com for telling me what's on sale, what the coupon matches are, where to get the coupons, and making my shopping list for me! Love that site!!!
(All the free stuff from Rite Aid in the last week. Sorry the mirror is deceiving- there are 16 Herbal Essence bottles and 3 sodas)
Thank you Rite Aid for having lots of online rebates that let me get so much for free and giving me extra in-store coupons!
Thank you Douglas County Library for giving me free local papers so I can get lots of coupons to buy in bulk!
Thank you Kroger (southern Smiths) for having Megas Sales and giving my kids stickers and candy!
Thank you mooebn.com for telling me all the other (non-food) deals to grab! Maybe my closet will end up as full and frugal as my pantry.

Jamie is grateful for reclining seats (on the bus).
Emma is grateful for Vitamin C
Weston is grateful for groups (sure son)
Andrew is grateful for Jesus.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Ron said...

I'm with Jamie. I've spent many hours in my day on a Greyhound. Ha

Shayla said...

Good job on the groceries! That Rite Aid stuff is AMAZING! I've limited myself to only shopping Albertson's and CVS so as to not overwhelm myself. But Rite Aid is looking pretty tempting...

I'll try to keep mooebn up to date so that you'll keep reading. It's quite possible that you are the only one looking at it anyway. :)

Unknown said...

So you and Shayla are awesome at this, and I want to learn how to do it! You guys should teach me sometime.