Friday, November 13, 2009

Days of Thanksgiving Day #11

I am grateful for my health!
I went to the optometrist today and she said my eyes were very healthy (because I only put good things into them, haha). I still need contacts but with help I can see well. I am so thankful to be healthy enough to do what I need to do. Even though I get tired easier than I'd like to and I should be better to my body, I am grateful I have the health to care for others. Kids can be a lot of work at times but I'm glad to have the strength to do it.
I'm glad I have legs to chase my kids down and take them everywhere. I'm glad I have arms to hold them and snuggle. I'm glad I can hear their laughter and wisdom. I'm glad I have my healthy eyes with new contacts so I can see what amazing people they are becoming.
I may not like exactly how I look but everything works. And greater gratitude fills my heart to think my children are healthy in body, mind, and spirit. Oh how rich a blessing it is indeed!
Jamie is grateful for inclement weather
(hmm we might have to kick him out)
Emma is grateful for missionaries
Weston is grateful for teachers
Andrew is grateful for Jesus
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

emilyw said...

This is so incredibly sweet! You are a great writer, Gina! I really love reading your entries.

Anonymous said...

I like exactly how you look!