Friday, November 6, 2009

Days of Gratitude #5 - Gratitude Giggles

I'm grateful for kids who make me laugh!

I've gotten to a point in my parental journey where I'm no longer in survival mode- changing diapers, cleaning up spit-up, nursing, battling sleep deprivation, protecting little children from bigger children, holding needy babies, etc. My kids are getting independent and I get to just enjoy them right now. I love this stage! One thing I can say I like about myself (this is the positive month) is that I can find humor and joy in the everyday. I'm an observer and comic at heart. I don't think too deeply - simplicity is simply wonderful. I'm vastly entertained by these little ones! Even the little things that could easily go unnoticed just bring a smile to my face and joy to my heart. I guess that's why I take so many pictures. I just want to capture that moment, that feeling. Not to say that my kids don't bring a lot of other emotions to surface for me; but these moments, these make motherhood the best job ever! Who needs tv? I've got kids.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Carol Swift said...

That's why I'm grateful for blogging--it makes me take lots of pictures, too. Cute pics!