Saturday, November 20, 2010

For All These Things And More

Today We are Grateful For
(and yesterday and the day before we were grateful for):

Andrew- My Silly Little Nose & Cute Little Ladybugs


Weston- The letter "I" & My Mouth

"because you can talk with it and eat with it and bite and bite and bite"
& X-rays "so the doctors could see what was going on inside my arm"


Emma-Ms. McKenna & Butterflies & My Class

I'm glad she has so many school-related thankfuls. I guess things are going well over there. The other day Emma told me they wrote five things they were grateful for and she said "lots of kids wrote 'the world' but that's not descriptive enough because then what can you say after that?" Now you know the secret to our posts, just be extremely specific like "cute little ladybugs" and you can fill a whole month of gratitude posts.

Mom- The Library

I love the library! It's a great outing with the kids. They can go to storytime for books, and songs and activities, play with the puzzles at the little tables, thumb through board books, stuff our bag full of books to take home (I use a stroller for the book bag now because it's seriously that big and heavy). We get movies to watch, CDs to learn with and listen to in the car and playtime, and books on CD for Emma at night and the boys during naptime. The librarians are always super nice and helpful. And I love that I can reserve books at home from any library and just pick them up at the front. Our last Ramona book is waiting for Emma next time we go. Such a great resource! If I had to buy every book, movie, and CD that we've checked out, I would be broke.

& Cozy Blankies & Emma's Stories

Emma is a good writer like her Daddy. I enjoy reading her stories very much. In her class, they have a center called "DoodleLoops" that Emma likes doing and I always look forward to reading her Doodle Loop story. Here's one of my favorites. I think it's especially entertaining if you know my dad, surely the source of her inspiration here.






Dad- Amazing Performances in Classic Cinematic Masterpieces Like Kip in Napolean Dynamite
It's a little scary how well Jamie does his Kip imitation.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

debs said...

Great story, Emma!!! Or should I say morality tale? Have you seen the Ramona movie yet? We highly recommend it!

We want to see the Kip impersonation when we come out for Christmas.

Ron said...

It's great to see what the young mind thinks. Then there's Jamie.. :-)