Tuesday, November 9, 2010

In all things give thanks

Today we are Grateful for:
Andrew- Weston
Actually he really said something about Weston flying somewhere and started into a story (did you know this boy is a major chatterbox) but Weston was a good enough answer so we left it at that. My boys are only 18 months apart so they're close enough to enjoy some of the same things and share the same friends so they spend a lot of time together and I think it helps them learn important social skills and they have the advantage of always having a friend around. I don't know what Andrew's gonna do next year when Weston goes to kindergarten (yeah that's next year, scary huh?).
Weston- Cookies
With Weston it's always about the sugar. I'm not generally into bribes but if I ever want to get through to Weston, taking away or giving a treat will always do the trick. We had cookies for family night and he was grateful.
Emma- Best Friends Forever, BFF
Emma had a good school friend over today. Emma always seems to attract the most outgoing, confident girl in her class. Nice, well-behaved but strong personality. Which I find interesting because at school Emma is pretty reserved and very proper, too shy to approach the other children. I'm grateful for outgoing kids who are bold enough to approach the quiet child.
Mom- Cheese
Today I was eating some crackers with sharp cheddar and apple slices on top and thinking how much I love cheese and how grateful I am for it! I cannot ever be a vegan, I am in love with dairy. Well, I don't much care for straight milk but I love cheese, cottage cheese, cream cheese, yogurt, chocolate milk, nacho cheese, and well mostly anything with cheese. Halloween week I had yummy cheese balls at two parties in a row and spent the next week craving them. Wanna give me something for Christmas, I will be perfectly thrilled with a cheese ball and crackers or Triscuits and a block of sharp cheddar. Yum!
Dad- Birds
"They can fly and they sing ridiculous songs"
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

mia said...

we love reading these thankful posts every day!! i'm with you on the cheese! that's what i put as my favorite food on the primary spotlight i had to fill out..haha.

Ron said...

"cheesey" post, but it "sang" to me... enjoyed it. :-)

Ron said...

"cheesey" post, but it "sang" to me... enjoyed it. :-)