Friday, November 26, 2010

A Feast of Thanks

Today we are Grateful for:
(and Tuesday and Wednesday)
Happy Thanksgiving!
Hope everyone had a wonderful meal with wonderful people like we did. Our meal and company were fabulous! Stuffing, candy sweet potatoes, veggie platter with bleu cheese dip, mash pots. and gravy, cranberry jello, cranberry relish, rolls, deviled eggs (Steed holiday must-have), ham, and chicken. No, that's not a typo, we did not have turkey. So, guess who was in charge of the bird this year? I pulled it out yesterday to defrost and my mom came along and found it and stuck it back in the freezer, figuring I had forgotten to put it in. This morning I went to grab my turkey and found it in the freezer. So, I found two chickens in the freezer and threw those in the microwave to defrost and roasted those up instead. Luckily the in-laws were very nice about it and allowed me to stay for dinner despite my inability to deliver the star of the feast.

Emma- Harvest and Sleep and Cousins
We love the cousins! We love it when the out-o-state Cannon clan comes into town to play and we love having cousins right here in Vegas! Yesterday was Jamie's birthday so my saint of a sister-in-law took the kids to give us the night off. My kids had absolutely no qualms being left for the night and didn't pause playtime with cousins to say goodbye to the parents.

Mom- Weston's Smile

I get weak in the knees over this kid's smile. The other day a friend of mine said in her Hebrew accent, "Weston has such a charming smile. It's like...beyond cute." Coupled with his chocolate kiss eyes, long lashes and chub cheeks the boy is a charmer.

Make-up

As vain as it may be, I'm grateful the stuff was invented to cover, even out, and enhance my face. Although I won't spend the time or money to do much I certainly notice when it's missing.

Sweet Potatoes

I've had three different sweet potatoe dishes this week and each was so delicious! And my mom has a yummy pineapple one I love too. I will struggle even more next year trying to decide which sweet potatoe dish I will insist on for Thanksgiving. Hats off to all the cooks that participated in our two Thanksgiving dinners (we had one last night with my family)! If I am sick all weekend from the gluteny it will be so worth it!

Emma- Brooke

Brooke's my cute little sister who came in town this week. Emma likes Brooke because she shares a room with her and always plays with her. And Rascal likes to follow Brooke and Emma loves Rascal so she wants to be with Brooke (are you flattered yet Brooke?). And Emma said that she's half an aunt because she's still in college. I told Emma Brooke's been an aunt since she was 10 so I think she's already earned the aunt degree.

Weston- Batman and Trio Blocks and Pies

Weston's really been into super hero stuff lately, especially Batman.

Grandma sent Weston some cool blocks last year and he loves building stuff all the time, especially knifes and guns and spaceships. Yeah, remember how I agreed that gender roles are naturally engrained?

Weston was pretty spacey on the couch after dinner watching Home Alone when his uncle walked by with a stack of pies and headed into the kitchen. My lil guy hopped up and ran into that kitchen so fast then cried when I finally cut him off after sampling every possible dessert available.

Andrew- Pretty Trees and Prayer and Cheetos
I keep forgetting to take my camera when we take Emma to school. The trees in the park next to the school are beautiful right now and I've been dying for some Fall pics. I'm glad Andrew's noticed them though.
Dad- Stuffing and Emma's laugh
Mama Steed makes the best stuffing! That's all I have to say about that. Our little Em has a distinct laugh. It's very honest, she doesn't hold back, it's an all out giggle in all it's girly glory, dimples and all. It's the kinda laugh you can't help smiling about when you hear it.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Thanksgiving! You are wonderful. . . I LOVED reading your month of thanks. Inspiring.

Ron said...

Chickens are nothing but little turkeys and who doen's like a super hero?

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your website and want to take a moment of your time to inquire about any guest posting opportunities that you may have on your blog. I've written an informational and educational article on the importance of early childhood education that I believe your readers of (http://jsteedfamily.blogspot.com/) would be interested in.

Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com