Monday, November 15, 2010

Giving Thanks

Today We Are Grateful For:
Mom- Daughters
No disrespect to the boys but I am so grateful for my little girl! She is sweet and helpful and good. I know some people try to say we create gender roles but for mothers with both boys and girls it becomes clearly evident that gender is created by God and that boys and girls have seperate and distinct talents and roles that they are born with and that compliment each other. Girls just naturally feel a desire and capacity to nurture and feel greater empathy. They want to teach and care for others. We are emotional creatures which can make us messy and hurtful but properly developed, we have so much capacity for good and can reach people and serve in a way that men frankly cannot. Having a daughter has helped me see how important my own words and actions are in shaping the woman she will become and I work harder to guard my tongue and to mother with more patience, kindness, and love to be an example to her. But so often she is the example to me and pushes me back in line, because women are good for that.
Emma- Childhood
I think that's a very positive outlook when a child is grateful for the stage she is in.
Weston- Ears
So he can hear. I'm grateful I could hear his cute voice give me that answer.
Ender Boy- Tiny Spiders
He likes to pretend he sees spiders everywhere and fake panic over them to scare himself. He's all about the drama. He's grateful for tiny spiders because they are not big huge spiders that will eat him.
Dad- Memories
This is one reason I blog, I want to hold on to these moments but I can't remember all those things I thought I can never forget.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Ron said...

Emma is a smarty!