Thursday, November 11, 2010

Gratitude is a Divine Attribute

Today we are Grateful for:
Weston- Rubie
Rubie is Weston's girlfriend and she is a doll! One day she told her mom, "Weston is my prince and I am his Aurora and we are happy together!" These two really are happy together (can you tell?) and I'm grateful Weston has such a good friend from such a good family!

Andrew- Spongebob Underpants
I know the name's Spongebob Squarepants but Andrew has underwear with Spongebob on them and he is grateful for them. And I am grateful for anything that motivates him to use the potty!

Jamie- Gina's Hair
Because I made a rule that I can only put positive things on my Gratitude posts I will simply say thank you dear and leave it at that.
Gina- Tenderhearted Little Girls
Tonight we watched "My Dog Skip." There's a scene where the boy gets angry with his dog and hits him. After seeing this, Emma buried her head in her arms and sobbed for a few minutes. Then she pulled Rascal off the top of the couch to hold him close for the rest of the movie. In her prayers she asked that "we will never act like that boy in the movie and ever hurt any living creature." Then she tucked the dog in and curl up next to him putting her arm around him to make sure he didn't run away and get lost in the night (another scene that affected her). She is a sweet, sensitive child. At the school carnival she didn't want to play laser tag because she didn't even want to pretend to shoot anybody.

Emma- Nevada
"Home means Nevada. Home means the hills. Home means the sage and the pine..." As other parts of the country are freezing in the snow already I am grateful to be here in Las Vegas where we were out in our shorts last week. I was looking at some pictures I took last Fall in Geargia and missing all the color but then I saw a pic of our backyard and thought, "boy, I'm grateful I won't be spending all those hours raking leaves this year."

0 comments: