Today We Are Grateful For:
Andrew- Train Tracks
My boys love trains! They have some tracks that they build and trains they drive all over.
By the way, you probably noticed most the pictures don't match the text (besides the name). I can't find pics. to all our topics in my album but want to use our own pics. to get them on the web. I lost a bunch of pics. when my computer crashed and received the look of horror from techno-savvy relatives who could not understand how I could be dumb enough not to have a backup drive (don't be me, be smart). Definitely gonna look into one of them but getting these on the web is my best backup at the moment.
Emma- Shoes and Socks
Aren't you glad you can cover your feet and keep them soft and safe. Stories about pioneers tend to make me grateful for shoes. Especially the nice form-fitting tennis shoes we have nowadays and those cozy, fluffy socks I like slipping into in the winter. Good one Em, socks and shoes are definitely something we take for granted. Now if I can only convince my barefooted park runner that shoes are important.
Weston- Hula Hoops
I chose this deep, thoughtful pose for such a deep and thoughtful answer. Okay, hula hoops are fun. Ever used one in a kiddie pool full of soapy water to make giant bubbles? Neither have I but it looks like lots of fun.
Dad- Playtime
Jamie played with the kids this afternoon while I did visits and choir. They played puppies, drove through California (the backyard) and wrestled. He was passed out on the couch when I got home then went to bed at 7:30. I'm glad the kids have a parent that does that stuff because I'm a pretty boring mom not good for much active playtime.
Mom- My Calling
Jamie and I teach the 10-year-old primary class at church. It's a great age to teach. They're old enough to read and understand scriptures, sit still (mostly), and participate, but still young enough to not have an attitude or give you teanager grief. We have some good discussions in there and preparing the lessons help immerse me in the scriptures and share my testimony and love for the scriptures. They're good kids and I've enjoyed teaching them.
Nana- The Sabbath Day
Emma passed this on to me and I said, "oh, good one" and Emma says, "yeah that is a good one, why didn't I think of that?"
It is wonderful to have a day of rest and worship. To evaluate your week, straighten priorities, sing, pray, learn, teach, gain strength from other members at church, be together as a family, and think about our Savior. For all these reasons and more I love the Sabbath and going to church. And I am grateful to parents who established this habit in my life so early that I've never been tempted to do differently.
Pop- Chocolate
Yes, the world is a better place because of it, fatter, but yummier for sure!

1 comments:
Like I said, I'm so glad you're doing these! I love that picture of Emma...that's like a professional picture! And that picture of you is beautiful! You look a lot like your sister in that picture I think.
Post a Comment