Monday, November 15, 2010

Thanks A Million

Today We Are Grateful For:
Weston- Necks
Because, as he explains it, it is close to your mouth so your food can go down (all gratitude leads back to food with Weston). And so your head doesn't just fall off. Good point Weston, necks are pretty important!

Emma- Magnolias
Yes, we lived in the south and have driven through the magnolia state. We had a magnolia tree in our backyard in Georgia that was an excellent climbing tree and produced those huge, white flowers that make the south so unique and awesome! I wish I could find a pic of the flowers but here's the tree. The kids and all their climbing buddies loved it! I am grateful we never had any major injuries from those high climbers (Josh) or someone falling out of our high treehouse.

Andrew- Family
This is just after Andrew joined our family. I'm glad he likes being a part of our crazy little clan!

Dad- Mountains
The south is beautiful and green but we missed the mountains. It was kind of an emotional experience when we were driving across the country to Vegas and I got to New Mexico and I saw my first real mountain in over a year with the sun setting behind it. I like how my dad puts it- he says that it's the opposite of claustrophobia, you come to need the comfort and security of the mountains surrounding you. It adds depth, volume and beauty to the landscape and a sense of something bigger than you, majesty is a good word!
Mom- Sight
I am so grateful I can see! I'm glad I can see my adorable children, their smiles, Emma's dimples, Andrew's silly faces, Weston's beautiful eyes, Jamie's comic stunts. I'm glad I can see them grow. I'm grateful to see all the detail and beauty the Lord has put into this amazing world, the blue sky, soft clouds, wildflower meadows, and still waters. Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Ron said...

Yup, sight and necks are good things. Nothing like seeing the smiles on my grandsons' little faces.